The Bottom Line
- Competitively priced at INR 1799; monthly charges affordable
- Plug and play makes for easy installation on both PC and laptop
- Prepaid and postpaid options available
- Fast internet connection
- Good for online chats and video calls
- Takes a while to search and connect
- Connection breaks once in a while
- Many regions yet to receive full coverage
- Gets warm if used for more than a couple of hours at a stretch
- Fast Internet services, with speeds up to 3.6 Mbps
- Plug and play device installs with ease
- Monthly costs are reasonable
- Users can choose between prepaid and postpaid connections
- Users pays 1p/10KB, both at home and while roaming
Guide Review - Teracom MTNL 3G Jadoo Data Card Review
MTNL or Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Ltd., one of the leaders in mobile telephony in India, launched their “MTNL 3G Jadoo” services all over the country, just a few months back. This 3G service from Teracom is available in both prepaid and postpaid connections.
The Teracom MTNL 3G Jadoo HSDPA data card presents a number of interesting features at a very competitive price. Not only does it offer high-speed Internet connections, but also supports video calling, all at affordable rates.
Unlike some other data cards, which tend to be slower than the conventional Internet connection, this one is fast, thanks to the 3G element. The MTNL 3G data card offers speeds up to 3.6 Mbps.
Users can choose between prepaid and postpaid connections. Each pricing package comes with its own free data usage particulars. Users crossing this limit can choose from MTNL data coupons ranging from INR 99 to INR 2500.
In a strategic move, MTNL have also waived off their roaming data charges. Now, the user has to pay only 1p/10KB of data transfer, both at home and while roaming.
The prepaid SIM cards are valid for a period of 30 days. Users cannot carry forward the unused free data usage provided in a bundled pricing package. Also, only free data is added on for cumulative recharge. This does not in any way affect its validity.