From the article: Android OS Vs. Apple iOS – Which is Better for Developers?
With the number of smartphone users increasing each day, there is an equal increase in the number of app developers for the same. Though developers have a whole lot of mobile platforms to choose from, they would most probably select one of the two most sought-after mobile OS’ today, Apple’s recently upgraded iOS 4 and Google’s Android. So, which of these is better for developers and why? Share Your Views!
- I prefer android because of less cost and developing android app is comfortable
- —Guest aravind
- Google’s Android rule the fast-growing smartphone market. It's the world's fastest-shipping OS and it will soon be the OS with the largest installed base as well.
Android is backwards
- Android give you 50mb.. then 4gb that you need to code extra stuff to make work...why? Xcode builds straight to the device, Android is command line (for mac).
- —Guest Guy
Program reusability, speed, logistics
- Code reuse is of prime concern, iOS is much better than Android and insurmountably superior to brand new competitors such as Windows 8 and BB10. The iOS components and frameworks are mature and backwards compatible across hardware versions allowing software to be developed quickly over well tested iOS classes and components. Android is fragmented preventing code reuse. Windows 8 widgets need to be developed, and BB10 is a complete cut off from previous OS inheriting nothing from the BB OS; every piece of BB10 code has to be developed and tested from scratch making development on the BB10 a prohibitively monumental task in comparison to the much more mature, robust, and advanced iOS.
- —Guest James Chau
- Now i little understand the android and ios.In my environment the android the best and increase the usage of the android phone and android apps.
- —Guest PRABHU SUNDARRAJAN
- I go on with android:) Easy to use and develop apps in any platform
- —Guest Raju
- android is the best i just like the name .. and yea its so cool when it comes to development
- —Guest user
Personally love the Android OS
- One word: Customization! With Apple Ios, you really are just stuck in one mode, while in the Android OS, you can make it how you want, visually and in acting it out.
- —Guest Jon
- because android is for google and google is the biggest web in the world and now youtube is not in apple.
- —Guest lulu
- I love apple i have ipod and ipad....and both works amzing....comparing to android with apple is like comparing bugaati with ford.... No comparison....apple is best of all the operating system.... Apple have soo much of apps than android why js that because people choose ios over andriod.........apple is best.....
- —Guest Ryan
- I love androids an always will but everybody can't buy iphones an ipads an stuff from apple because their prices is high as hell. The only thing i hate about androids is they restart them self sometimes but i thing androids is ten times better then apple
- —Guest Charles
- iOS is the best platform out there for developers and it is a good thing that they approves apps in this strict way because it benifits customers.. No malware nothing but androids have malware in more than half of its apps. Also, iOS provides much more possibilities to add in apps with many more tools and SDKs and APIs for developers to make awesomest apps...
- —Guest Rahillio
- I chose Android os because its open source application.
- —Guest Mohammed
- I've had an ipod touch for 3 years, It's great, but pricewise it isn't, android is more optional and ipod is more safe and trustworthy.
- —Guest len faltin
- Good luck with that. That'll turn up about the same time that there is a "single version" of Linux...
- —Guest Rennie Allen
1-15 of 33Next